Since its outbreak, we have all been hunkering down in fear, trying to avoid COVID-19 — and for good reason. It’s a notoriously treacherous virus, barely affecting some while literally killing others. And because we never really know what the outcome will be for each one of us, avoiding it is still the best way to go. But with an onslaught of information on the virus being produced on a daily basis, it can be easy to get confused, which can be truly detrimental to prevention efforts. For this reason, we’ve compiled a list of some of the best resources.
By now, it may seem that we already know everything there is to know about COVID-19. However, the fact is that being a completely new disease, there’s still so much that’s unknown about it. However, by putting into context what’s known and verifiable so far, is already a huge step in stopping its spread and maybe even ending it for good.
- COVID-19 is actually just one of many coronaviruses.
- Serious infections are exponentially higher for older adults and people with underlying health conditions, like heart and lung disease, diabetes, asthma, and more.
- It’s predominantly transmitted through respiratory droplets and close contact.
- Face masks can help prevent its spread, but of course, it’s a far from perfect deterrent.
- Social distancing is still, by and large, our best tool in fighting COVID-19.
Defending Your Home
At present, there’s no safer place than your home. For this reason, it’s important to keep it protected. In turn, a safe home will keep its residents secure from the threat of COVID-19.
- Cleaning your home thoroughly will do wonders in keeping it COVID-19-free.
- By extension, deep-cleaning furniture (or having a pro do it for you) is absolutely necessary as germs can live on upholstery and other surfaces for a long time.
- Experts agree that you have to take strict measures to disinfect before you even enter your front door to keep COVID-19 out of your house.
Protecting the Body
It’s a known fact that COVID-19 is most dangerous and may even be fatal. It is for this reason that it becomes absolutely crucial to keep yours in tiptop shape — not just to better fight the virus, but to keep you feeling great for years to come.
- Staying healthy at home is vital amidst the stresses of the pandemic.
- You can keep up a healthy is easier when you have fresh food delivered to your home.
- Regular exercise is just as vital and has even been found to protect against complications from COVID-19.
Indeed, understanding how COVID-19 spreads and what you can do to avoid it is of utmost priority at the moment. Only this way can the pandemic end and for life to return to normal.
Photo via Pexels.com